Sahayam is Osmania Univeristy's psychological Counseling Center. The primary focus of this centre is to provide short term counseling to help students deal with personal
and adjustment issues that may interfere with their ability to progress academically to their fullest potential.
The services offered by this centre are as follows:
- Individual counseling services are provided free of charge to currently enrolled Osmania university students, staff and faculty. Also affiliated colleges of Osmania University.
- Crisis counseling and consultation services are offered as needed.
- Referrals to psychiatrists for medication and/or psychological evaluation may be made as appropriate.
- Outreach and training is also offered to the university community to deal with specific psychological issues (e.g., suicide prevention, anti-ragging, stress management, etc.).
- Capacity building of the staff as well as the teaching community, enhancing helping skills, and also empowering the teachers to deal with general psychological issues of students.
- Research work is being initiated as part of understanding the feelings of the students to improvise our services further.
- The centre staff will determine which of the services are appropriate.
- Psychological counseling involves meeting the counsellor to discuss a variety of problems, these may include stress, anxiety, relationship difficulties, concentration problems,
academic problems and personal problems to name a few.
- Counseling services are intended to help students whose problems can be dealt with in a limited number of sessions during a short period.
- Together you and your assigned counselor will work to establish the specific goals for your counseling.
- Counseling session typically last 30 -45 minutes.
All Services are Confidential!
No information may be released to anyone without your written permisssion, with the following exceptions.
Exceptions to Confidentiality
- Harm to Self/Others.
- Current abuse of a child.
Our Address for Contact:
Osmania University's Psychological Counseling Centre
University College of Science,
Principal's Office Building (First Floor)
Osmania University, Hyderabad 500 007. Telangana State
Phone: 040 -27682451
Sahayam Timings: 10.00 AM to 4.00 PM.
Working days: Monday to Saturdays
Note: The Centre is closed on all Second Saturdays and all public holidays as per Osmania University's guidelines.